Monday, 7 November 2016

My Favourite Maggot Moon Character

I Love Gramps!

I have to say I have a real soft spot for Gramps. Maybe it's because I am an adult reader of this book (not quite a granddad myself yet, but still much older than the target audience!) and he is the only positive older male role model in the book.

Why do I love Gramps? Well, the guy has got spirit for starters. he seems to inspire Standish in everything that he does. I also feel that the author creates sympathy for Standish by having his parents disappear, so Gramps is forced into a paternal role which he performs admirably.

But the real reason I love Gramps is for the killer twist when we learn he is dating Miss Phillips! Although I think some of my class were a bit grossed out at the thought of Gramps.....and Miss Phillips.... erm well, you get the picture, I thought it was really quite funny and portrayed an older character in a unique light.

So Gramps is my favourite characters? Who is yours? Let me know!

Mr O

No comments:

Post a Comment